[X4U] Spotlight and Address Book- Strange Behavior

Lee Licata lazilicata at gmail.com
Fri Jun 16 04:55:30 PDT 2006

I have a 17" PB running 10.4.6.

Today, when using spotlight, I noticed that spotlight did not display
certain addresses when queried.

Yesterday was fine...

So, I reindexed spotlight. Took 2 hours. No change.

Through out spotlight's plist.

No change.

Created a backup of the address book and through out the folder for
the address book in the library in the application support.

Relaunched address book and saw that the default entries were there.

Imported the back up and then redid the query in spotlight.

Lo and behold, the addresses were there.

I cannot explain. I know now how to fix but do not know how the
address book data files are getting corrupted.

Can anyone shed some light on this strange behavior?

thanks!

Lee