[X4U] OT: Question on cross posting and copyright infringement

Richard Gilmore rgilmor at uwo.ca
Tue Jun 20 07:19:51 PDT 2006

Aren't we going to create a "climate of fear" by breaking down copyright to
the point where even someone quoting something from an /email list/ sent to
another has to worry about what they're doing? This is nuts. How far are we
going to go? Are we going to have copyright police too watching to make sure
no one is quoting anyone else? Be careful they're watching like communist
China. What harm or injury would result to someone who was quoted on the
internet who freely posted there to begin with? This will kill creativity.
I'm sorry if I'm going to offend people but I think the internet has pretty
much killed copyright. If you can put the genie back in the bottle go ahead.
Otherwise I will quote with impunity cry all you want. Quote me all you want
too see if I care. You post anything on the internet you make an adult
decision otherwise don't do it. (This rant being said of course when/if I
quote someone I always cite them)

Richard