[X4U] OSX under the hood info please.

John Richardson richards at spawar.navy.mil
Tue Nov 7 11:01:32 PST 2006

Hello,

Try the Mac OSX Unleashed book by Ray and Ray. It is a UNIX Superbible
specifically for the Macintosh. About 1000 pages of geek stuff. Get the
version that matches your OS.

There is no simple language for under the hood.

However, try the Missing Manual series (O'Reilley) for your OS if you feel
intimidated [ see below ] by the Ray and Ray book.

Actually, just go to your nearest Borders or Barnes and Nobel and browse the
Macintosh section. Then browse the UNIX section. I know there is a Macintosh
for Unix users type of book out.

As you approach the Macintosh book section....SHOW NO FEAR....The Ray and
Ray book can smell newbie fear from a distance of 3 book categories
away...you cannot hide in the map section....

Other posters have listed some internet resources so have fun....

John F. Richardson