[X4U] Need a Panther set 10.3.5 or greater

Eddie Hargreaves meged at earthlink.net
Tue Nov 21 21:56:59 PST 2006

On 11/21/06 8:25 PM, Philip J Robar <philip.robar at gmail.com> wrote:

> I know I'm beating a dead horse here, but what's not to like about  Tiger?

Spotlight
No support for AFP connections over AppleTalk
Fax button relegated to Save as PDF drop-down menu
Removal of keyboard shortcuts in System Preferences
Removal of System Preferences' customizable toolbar
Finder's list view missing keyboard shortcuts and resize cursor
Can no longer do quick name search of individual folder via search box
Can no longer drag items onto window titlebars
Can no longer rearrange Login Items
Safari won't list .mov files in Activity Window
Removal of grab, play and crop tools from Preview
QuickTime Player volume levels dropped from 7 to 4
Spotlight

> It's faster, more stable

Not in my experience

> has more features

And is missing a few, as noted

> and is supported by a wider range of software.

Operating systems are supported by software now? I will admit, the only
reason I finally upgraded my iMac G5 to 10.4 is because EyeTV 2 required it.
But for the first few months of 10.4's existence, there were a lot of
existing applications that were largely incompatible with it.

--
Eddie Hargreaves
Stockton, CA