[X4U] Mail won't launch

Jim Freeman jpfreeman at mac.com
Sat Nov 25 07:48:45 PST 2006

I'm trying to help my father over the telephone. Apple Mail won't
launch on his G4 iBook running 10.4.8. It used to work fine.
Everything else seems to work fine. But when he tries to launch Mail
it bounces a couple of times (or half a time), but never starts up. I
had him repair preferences. I had him run Preferential Treatment. I
had him trash com.apple.mail.plist. Nothing seems to help. Can he
reinstall just Mail from the Tiger installation disk? Tiger didn't
come with the computer. I upgraded him to Tiger later on.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. If I can't help him over the
phone, I'll be trying to solve the problems myself when I visit for
Christmas.

Thanks,

Jim