[X4U] Mail won't launch

Norman Cohen nacohen at mac.com
Sat Nov 25 08:21:34 PST 2006

A couple other things to try/check:

1) Has he rebooted or logged out and back-in again?
2) Has he tried using Mail in another user account and does it work
there?
3) Is he running any Mail plug-ins/bundles or extra Mail-associated
software that needs to be updated (MailTags, SpamSieve, etc.) or
inactivated as part of the trouble shooting?
4) Has he tried running Onyx or some similar system utility and
cleared his cache files?

Sometimes, Mail won't launch if you have a corrupt message in the
inbox. Try launching with the shift key held down. The mailboxes will
not load. Check out this Apple Discussion thread for other things to
do, if the shift key trick works:

<http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?messageID=3046646&#3046646>

Good luck,

Norm
---
Norman A. Cohen
nacohen at mac.com

"It is only possible to live happily ever after on a day-to-day basis."
Margaret Bonnano