[X4U] can't access data CD with 10.4.8

Chris Beamis beamis at drizzle.com
Tue Oct 3 20:56:17 PDT 2006

I just installed 10.4.8 on my dual 866MHz mirror drive door model,
and when I put in a music CD iTunes comes up just like I specified in
the CDs and DVDs section of System Preferences.  But when I put in a
data CD nothing happens.  (Except I can boot off my 10.4.8 install
DVD fine.)  I can't find it in the Finder or anything.  In System
Preferences it currently says to Open Finder when a blank CD or blank
DVD is inserted, and previously I had it set to ask but in both cases
it won't seem to find a data CD.  I'm also confused why the CDs and
DVDs preferences only gives options for video DVD, or picture or
music CD, or blank CD or DVD.  How do I tell it what to do for a data
CD?  I think it has Word and Powerpoint files.

Thanks,
Chris