[X4U] iTunes - wrong CD info

Craig A. Finseth fin at finseth.com
Fri Oct 6 05:37:27 PDT 2006

     I listen to audio books a lot;  iTunes gets the CD info wrong everytime.
   About half the time no entry is found for the CD (this is O.K. and what I
   want); the other half iTunes picks an incorrect CD.  When it gets the wrong

The data that iTunes gets is entered by whoever feels like it and
appropriated (i.e., stolen) by the service.  It's junk.

I find that for _any_ CD, iTunes (and any other service) only gets
things about 2/3 right.  I normally have to fix parts of the title,
artist, genre (it's amazing how creative people are here), cd
count(!), and title fields.

Insert CD.  Wait for info.  Select all and get info.  Fix everything
CD-wide.  Go edit per-track info as appropriate.  Then do the import.

It's a pain but it works.

I don't know if audio books are better or worse than average, but the
average is pretty bad.

Craig