[X4U] Commentary: Don't Sit Under the Apple Tree

Michael Elliott michaelelliott at mac.com
Mon Oct 16 19:56:45 PDT 2006

What's all this confusion about tinyurl?  It's a free service that
just translates a huge URL into a tiny one, which then redirects to
the orginal, complicated URL, so that nobody has to type a huge URL
into their web browser.  The "preview" function has nothing to do
with your web browser.  So what's the point? So that people don't
have to post huge URLs in Mail and then have to listen to you guys
whine about how Mail splits the lines and screws up the link.
(Though I agree about the whining for THAT).

Michael