[X4U] Using Apple's Find (Command F)

John Kiss john.kiss at comcast.net
Fri Sep 1 19:13:17 PDT 2006

On Sep 1, 2006, at 5:36 PM, Robert Ameeti wrote:

>>> How can this easily be done? It used to be so very easy. I don't
>>> want them sorted by type of document. I just want them in an easy
>>> to use List View sorted by Date (time).
>>
>> If you don't want them sorted by type of document, simply go the
>> the Finder menu and select View>as List. Then click on the Date
>> Modified column header to sort the listing.
>
> I know how to view a folder by Date. What I don't know how to do is
> to search my drive for all files modified today and sorted by Date.
> Am I not reading your reply sufficiently?
> -

I'm not sure. Maybe I'm not understanding your problem.

Here's what I do step-by-step:

- Command F in the finder.
- In the resulting window select "Last Modified" and "Today" from the
pop-ups. Also click on Servers or Computer or Home to select what to
search.
- All files found that satisfy the above criteria will show up in the
window organized by type of document.
- With the same window in the forefront, go to the Finder menu bar
and select View>as List. Every file now will be displayed in list
view regardless of the type of document it is. Now when you click on
the "Date Modified" header in that same window you can arrange the
files in ascending or descending order.
- If the "Date Modified" is not in the header of the search window,
use the Finder View>Show View Options to put it there.