[X4U] OT - reselling software

nk netkat at comcast.net
Tue Apr 10 08:39:58 PDT 2007

when you sell your copy of the software, you're actually transferring
the license to USE that copy.
so, you take the money from the person buying it, and you hand over ALL
discs and manuals and whatever was in the box when you opened it, as
well as notifying apple that you are transferring the license to that
new person, with all their info..name, phone, etc.

be very much like transferring apple care to somebody who buys your Mac
with applecare still activated.

then, of course, apple assumes and expects that you remove every speck
of that software from all of your computers.

others may have comments to add, but I believe I've nutshelled it for
ya.

nk