[X4U] Progress on 10.4 upgrade causing crashes

Robert Ameeti Robert at Ameeti.net
Sat Apr 28 15:13:16 PDT 2007

At 12:14 PM -0700, 4/28/07, Zane H. Healy wrote:

>Further testing shows that the RAM doesn't appear to be causing any
>problems, at least not initially (ran for about 7 minutes), however putting
>the Western Digital HD back in (this time in the lower slot) once again
>causes the system to crash within a few seconds.

'Tis a shame of sorts that so many users will once again only
remember that upgrading to 10.4 was a problem. Seems that over and
over we hear of users to are hesitant to upgrade because of all of
the problems that they heard people were having to deal with then the
did an upgrade. To me, the fact that a hard drive is causing this
problem is not in any way because of 10.4. Tiger does not require
anything special from a hard disk.
--

Robert Ameeti

Be nice to people on your way up because you'll need them on your way down.
- Wilson Mizner