domain guessing [was] [X4U] Leopard Issues

Robert Ameeti Robert at Ameeti.net
Tue Dec 4 07:58:17 PST 2007

At 9:59 AM -0800, 12/3/07, Konrad Waibel wrote:

>this behavior began for me in July 2005 when I subscribed to Charter
>Cable.  I was using 10.2.8/Safari [?].  Still happens to me now
>using 10.4.11/Safari 3.0.4 and Charter.  I assumed, and still do,
>this was something programmed by Charter directing me to their page
>to make more money from their advertisers.

You are correct but there is no reasonable reason that you should
have to use their DNS servers.

Either use some OpenDNS server or try these instead of the ones you
are currently using. Let me know of your results.

66.174.92.14
69.78.96.14

Are any of the current DNS servers currently listed for you dimmed?
--

Robert Ameeti

Moral: design before you implement.