[X4U] Cheap Reliable USB Laser Printer

John McClernan mcclernan1 at comcast.net
Thu Dec 13 18:34:51 PST 2007

David,
You described exactly the same scenario I had with my LaserWriter
360. Give up. It's not worth the time.
This is a good time to be shopping for a printer. Lotsa sales. I have
seen some monochrome lasers for as low as $50, with rebate. Get one
with a network card. Even if you don't need it now, you will later,
and it's worth more if you trade up. Don't bother with the refurbs.
Check:
dealmac.com
amazon.com
officedepot.com
officemax.com
sears.com
tekserve.com (I bought a Xerox color laser from them and it's been
great.)
smalldog.com
dell.com
hp.com
brother.com
microcenter.com
meritline.com (good source for toner too)
staples.com
buy.com
newegg.com (they have a Brother for $70 with a network card)
bestbuy.com
walmart.com
compusa.com
frys.com

That should get you started. We have a bunch of HPs in our school and
they have been very reliable.
My 2¢.
John