[X4U] HP Laser Jet 1520

Ed Gould edgould1948 at comcast.net
Thu Dec 13 21:06:17 PST 2007

I do not print more than one or two pages a week (80 percent of the
time) the other 20 percent is maybe 5 pages a week.

Two  years ago I got a HP laser Jet 1520 with built in network card.

It has worked well for me, except about 3 months ago it jammed. I am
*NOT* mechanically inclined.

Is there an easy way to unjam it? If I feed the paper through the
front manually it works but it is a PITA. When I turn it on it goes
through its startup and makes a bit of noise.

Am I going to have to take it in for HP servicing to get rid of an
apparent simple paper jam? We have looked at it and just don't see
anyway that you can get to the paper feed area to see what is causing
the noise.

I guess I am spoiled from using an IBM 4019 as they were extremely
easy to open up and find the jam. The HP does not seem to have an
visible levers to do so, help.

Ed