[X4U] Cheap Reliable USB Laser Printer

Ronald Steinke ronsteinke at mac.com
Fri Dec 14 11:00:57 PST 2007

On Dec 13, 2007, at 8:10 PM, FC Farwell wrote:

>  the Brother HL-2070N it has been an excellent laser printer ive
> gone thoough two toner cartridges and a couple thousand sheets of
> paper.

If you have only used a couple thousand sheets of paper and gone
through two cartridges of toner, there is something seriously wrong
with your printer or your printer settings. You should get at least
4,000 to 5,000 sheets per cartridge for text printing, even with full
pages of text.

My HP 1022 laser has already printed over 4,400 sheets with the
original factory cartridge and the toner level test shows more than
30% remaining. I use the standard default settings for intensity
rather than the draft settings because my prints get passed around and
sometimes copied by others.