[X4U] Installing Leopard on an older Mac

K. Jerry Smith explorerguy at mac.com
Fri Dec 14 09:06:09 PST 2007

Hi, all.

I have a friend who attempted to install Leopard on an 800 Ghz TiBook.
Officially, the highest version of the OS that can be installed on
that model is 10.4.11. He called Apple, and was told Leopard would
install on it, though, and purchased the new OS.

No joy.

There used to be an application/hack that would enable the
installation of OS X on older G3 Macs. I can't remember the name, and
am wondering it a version exists for Leopard installation on a G4.
I've found various means of installation, via the terminal, etc., but
this is beyond his comfort zone.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Jerry