[X4U] Problems with airport extreme and microwave

Cheryl Homiak chomiak7737 at att.net
Mon Dec 31 08:27:43 PST 2007

I have all of my machines--three mac minis, a Windows box and a linux box, all using wireless via Airport Extreme. the problem I am having is that one or mor computers drops its Internet connection frequently when I am running the microwave. I know this because if I'm listening to a radio station online when I run the microwave, the station may quit; it may or may not start up again without any intervention. My Internet connection doesn't appear to be permanently disconnected or anything; after running the microwave I can connect to the website again without having to do anything with airport or my computer Internet connections. I don't think this was happening when I first started using wireless and am not sure what triggered it. I'm using the Airport Extreme with b/g connectivity and not the new Airport Extreme. Is there something I can do with either my airport settings or my computer settings to stop this from happening?

Tia.

Cheryl

"Where your treasure is,
there will your heart be also."