[X4U] My iMac is narcoleptic

Mark Des Cotes mark at astroprinting.com
Mon Feb 5 11:38:14 PST 2007

OK, not really, but sometimes it seems that way.

I have an iMac G5 at home. Ever since we started using OS X, back on
our old slot loading iMac DV, we've (the family) been in the habit of
putting the computer to sleep when we were done with it instead of
shutting it down. That's fine, I know. But for some reason the rest
of my family has started putting the computer to sleep each time they
leave it. Even if they know they'll be back in 10 minutes or so. I've
often left the computer to go do something or get something only to
have my wife or one of the kids tell me "you left the computer on".
Waking it up only takes a couple of seconds but can constantly
sleeping and waking it do any harm?

Mark Des Cotes
Systems Manager/Graphic Designer

Astro Printing Service (Cornwall) Ltd.
3308 Second Street East
Cornwall Ontario Canada  K6H 6J8
T (613) 932-9281 Ext 106,  F (613) 932-1052
www.astroprinting.com