[X4U] Recycling Mac's

Stroller macmonster at myrealbox.com
Sun Feb 11 06:31:40 PST 2007

On 11 Feb 2007, at 02:58, Daly Jessup wrote:
> ... The point is that YES, I thought an teacher would be grateful
> to have a few hundreds pages of printing offered free before the
> printer had to be disposed of because the district would/could not
> afford to replace the ink.

I'm sorry - I didn't appreciate from your posting that this was your
intent / expectation.

> ...  Who care what replacements cost if someone is offering
> hundreds of  pages free and no requirement to renew when the
> printer runs out of ink?
>
> They STILL are not allowed to accept the donation!?

I can only imagine that once a working printer is accepted there
exists a temptation - amongst those less pragmatic than you - to
refill it. One can just imagine the school district having to deal
with complaints of "I'm happy to print these course materials at home
on my own printer, but the cartridges are too expensive. Can you just
subsidise these for me?"

Stroller.