[X4U] ClarisDraw>Inkscape?

Barbara Alfors balfors at kaadesigngroup.com
Fri Jan 19 16:10:43 PST 2007

on Thu, 18 Jan 2007  "Zane H. Healy"  wrote:

> Actually I'm still hoping one of these suggestions will hit the mark.  I've
> been giving this a lot of thought this last week, and I think what I really
> need to do is take a look at CAD software.  Does anyone know of any CAD
> software that they would consider to be close to ClarisDraw in terms of
> usability and features?

Our office uses PowerCADD, which I think is a pretty good drawing program,
and will do gradient fills, opacities, etc.  The font handling isn't as good
as Illustrator, but otherwise I find it much easier to draw with.

http://engsw.com/products/   demo: http://engsw.com/downloads/

It's a little pricey for a drawing app, though.

(We use it for architecture, but it's great for presentation drawings also.)

-Barbara