[X4U] Two Mac's

Daly Jessup jessup at san.rr.com
Sun May 6 17:31:39 PDT 2007

At 4:46 PM -0700 5/6/07, Zane H. Healy wrote:
>Due to a seriously unexpected bit of fortune, we now have a second
>Mac.  Does anyone have any advice on using a laptop in conjunction
>with a desktop?  I just turned "Personal File Sharing" on.  At this
>point we expect the laptop will primarily be used for surfing the
>net, email, and word processing.
>
>Looks like I'll be trying to get Sheepshaver running a couple things
>a lot sooner than I expected. :^)

What kind of advice about laptop and desktop? You mean about doing
file sharing? Or screen sharing? Or synchronizing certain files? Or
what sort of thing are you thinking of?  I think the advice would
depend heavily on what you want the second computer for.  For
instance, if it is to be used for email for a different user, you
wouldn't be thinking of synchronizing between them. So... more
details, please.

And congratulations on the good luck!

Daly