[X4U] Cannot select MacSOUP as my email client after running Apple Mail.

Linda XPressoBean at mac.com
Sun Nov 25 07:05:34 PST 2007

On 11/25/07 1:38 AM, Jamie Kahn Genet wrote:

> Yes I know. That doesn't work. It flips back to Mail.

And I assume you save your Preferences when you exit? And quit Mail? And
have MacSOUP running?

Have you downloaded the latest version -- 2.82 -- that lists "Fixed problems
when running under Leopard" in its release notes?

This is from the snafu.de website:

> MacSOUP is primarily a newsreader, its e-mail capabilities are somewhat
> rudimentary compared to "real" e-mail clients.

Perhaps it's not recognized as an actual email client by your OS. You could
try highlighting Mail.app in the Finder, pressing the Command key and
clicking the mouse to invoke the contextual menu, and choosing "Create
Archive of" Mail, deleting the original and keeping the .zip file, so that
it *can't* launch.

Let us know if that works.

~Linda