[X4U] Mac MIni?

Zane H. Healy healyzh at aracnet.com
Tue Apr 1 13:03:59 PDT 2008

> I wish the Mac mini was closer in performance to the iMac. Give me
> the iMac horsepower in a size similar to the Mac mini (hey, they've
> got plenty of room to make it taller and still keep it small), and
> let me choose my own screen. I know, I know, Apple has a love affair
> with the all-in-one design.

I think this boils down to what a lot of us say, there needs to be at least
one more system in their lineup.  There are a lot of people that the Mac
Mini/iMac's are too limited for, yet the Mac Pro's are serious overkill.

Something along the lines of the iMac in performance, but without the built
in screen, at least two 3.5" SATA drive bays, and able to take at least 8GB
RAM.  It should also have multiple Firewire and USB 2.0 ports.  In fact
something about the size of a Macintosh IIcx would be perfect.  Price it
between $800-1500 depending on the CPU's, and they'd have a winner I think.
I don't think card slots would be needed, though a Graphics slot might be
nice.

Zane