[X4U] Make the Junk filter do a better job?

Craig A. Finseth fin at finseth.com
Fri Apr 18 12:49:10 PDT 2008

   My hosting service, Bluehost, suggested a challenge/response type
   thing, which they provide, but can anyone here talk about how clients
   feel about stuff like that?

They work fine if you only exchange email with a small circle of
partners.  I.e., you don't want to interact with people who interact
with lots of people.

They are very bad if you accept mail from the public (i.e., are a
business), or want people to contact you (do you want feedback?), or
are on mailing lists.

For example, I categorically refuse to deal with them.  Usually, I'm
doing someone _else_ a favor in a message (e.g., they asked a question
in a mailing list and I'm trying to answer it for them).  If the
person makes my life hard, why should I care?

This is all IMHO and YMMV.

Craig