[X4U] Set up Parallels or Boot Camp

Christopher Collins maclist at analogdigital.com.au
Sun Apr 27 00:42:23 PDT 2008

I have never tried migrating any virtual machines, either from VMWare
or Parallels.

My Boot Camp partition was a new install (only way to get Windows to
work properly really).

I used the Boot Camp Wizard and created a 32GB partition.
I Then installed Windows XP.
I then put in the Leopard DVD and installed all the drivers.
I then installed the 100 odd updates for Windows XP and AVG Free.
Then I rebooted into Mac OS X and installed Parallels.
I created a VM and pointed it to the Boot camp partition and it did
whatever it did.

And it works properly in both Boot Camp and Parallels.

Hope this helps.

cjc