[X4U] Difference between DVDs and CDs?

Mark Des Cotes lists at marksmandesign.ca
Wed Dec 10 10:25:39 PST 2008

Just out of curiosity, does anyone know what the physical difference
between DVDs and CDs are? Are they the same thickness or weight? I'm
asking because for some time now when my iMac G5 ejects a CD it
shoots it out the side slot and the disk bounces and rolls off my
desk and I have to go get it half way across the room. And yet when I
eject a DVD it pops out about 2/3 of the way like it's suppose to and
waits like a good little disk for me to take it. If I think about it
I will put my hand there and catch the CDs as they come out but every
once in a while I forget what media is in and bounce, bounce, bounce.
Very annoying.

Mark Des Cotes
Owner-Graphic Designer
Marksman Design