[X4U] Making a DVD copy-CSS protection

Crandon David tabdave at ca.rr.com
Fri Feb 8 17:03:24 PST 2008

Hey Brett,

Thanks for your reply.

I used MacTheRipper and it came out fine. I then tried Toast 6 to
make a copy using the DATA tab, and chose DVD-ROM (UDF). It burned
OK, but verification said it had a bad sector, and sure enough about
halfway through it froze. This happened twice more, once with Toast 7.

Next I tried Fast DVD Copy and it burned it OK, it's playing now, and
I'll see if it plays through all the way. But while it IS playing on
my 3 year old Pioneer DVD player, Apples DVD Player on my computer
wouldn't recognize it. I also noticed that the icon of the disc on my
computer was titled "DVD MOVIE" and not the real title of the disc.
(Led Zeppelin I).

Launching Disk Utility (I'm using 10.4.11), doesn't show exactly the
chose for formatting as you suggested, but it does have two options
that might work...you tell me. One is "DVD/CD Master" and the other
is "UDIF stub". There are many others of course.

What do you think? These coasters are getting expensive! Although
Fry's has there store brand DVD+R for a little over a buck each.

David