[X4U] E-Mail programs (Was: Users' judgments of the glossy screen?)

Zane H. Healy healyzh at aracnet.com
Wed Feb 27 23:18:44 PST 2008

At 12:17 AM -0600 2/28/08, Ed Gould wrote:
>that I can live with it. All my experiences before MAC were OS2 and
>the only app that crashed were windows based apps no OS/2 app ever
>crashed.

I'm guessing you never ran Lotus Smartsuite for OS/2 on OS/2 then?
That piece of ***** was so buggy that it was part of why I shifted to
a Powerbook 520c running System 7.5.  I've never had anywhere near
the stability issues that I had with Lotus Smartsuite on OS/2 with
any Mac app.  Remember, IBM owned both Lotus Smartsuite and OS/2 at
that time.  The other thing that convinced me to switch was I saw the
writing on the wall for OS/2 when Windows 95 was released.

Zane