[X4U] E-Mail programs (Was: Users' judgments of the glossy screen?)

Ed Gould edgould1948 at comcast.net
Thu Feb 28 07:15:12 PST 2008

On Feb 28, 2008, at 1:18 AM, Zane H. Healy wrote:

> At 12:17 AM -0600 2/28/08, Ed Gould wrote:
>> that I can live with it. All my experiences before MAC were OS2
>> and the only app that crashed were windows based apps no OS/2 app
>> ever crashed.
>
> I'm guessing you never ran Lotus Smartsuite for OS/2 on OS/2 then?
> That piece of ***** was so buggy that it was part of why I shifted
> to a Powerbook 520c running System 7.5.  I've never had anywhere
> near the stability issues that I had with Lotus Smartsuite on OS/2
> with any Mac app.  Remember, IBM owned both Lotus Smartsuite and OS/
> 2 at that time.  The other thing that convinced me to switch was I
> saw the writing on the wall for OS/2 when Windows 95 was released.
>
> Zane
>
> Zane,

Nope I ran Word Perfect for OS2 (I honestly don't remember what email
package though). I love WP and have convinced myself to finally
desert it as the handwriting is on the wall for WP for MAC. I know
there is something called Sheep Saver out there but I have a basic
fear that it will screw up MAC if i install it(despite hearing many
success stories).
As for OS/2 I only switched to a MAC when IBM announced the final
release.

Ed