[X4U] MW Expo; I'm underwhelmed

B. Kuestner kuestner at macnews.de
Wed Jan 16 21:50:09 PST 2008

The MacBook Air appears to me as the "portable Cube". Very pretty,
very expensive. Both are/were worth their money, but still: expensive.

So the Air will likely become a cult object like the Cube. Let's see
if it also becomes a commercial success unlike the Cube.

As for the optical drives: I don't see them going away so fast like
the floppy drives did. For data, yes, they might become obsolete. But
people have CDs and DVDs for their music and movies and want that
somehow connected to their computer park.

Björn