[X4U] Safari question

Daly Jessup jessup at san.rr.com
Wed Jul 2 22:35:30 PDT 2008

Ed Gould,

>OK I admit I glossed over some information in my posting. This list
>does not like long postings so I really cut a lot of information out
>to get past the listserv evil counters.

I don't think that's even remotely true, and I don't know where you
got that idea. They don't like long QUOTES of previous posts. I have
never heard of a post being rejected because it was too long, and I
think you owe the list mom's an apology for your description.

>The issue is primarily the company that I am downloading from. If
>you do your downloads at a less busy time there is no real issue  as
>the downloads startup within a second (or two) of hitting the
>download key. The problem comes in when the company is getting quite
>a few download requests the download can take up to a minute to
>start. That minute is gold for me as I can process my email in which
>I get typically 1000+ emails a day and it is almost a full time job
>just handling them. When I am waiting more than say 10 seconds I
>automatically switch over and do my email when I do that the
>download window goes into the background and is hidden from my view.
>Even if I switch back to Safari the download window stays hidden. I
>*think* the control command Option might help but today I have not
>gotten any emails with file instructions to download so it difficult
>to say if this will work. I am somewhat hesitant to say its a good
>until I get a chance to test it out. Plus since the key sequence is
>unnatural for me I will have to really think hard before I use it. I
>may have to set up a PFK key to do the sequence as my memory is not
>great.

Yeah, or write it on a yellow sticky and put it on your monitor until
you get used to it?

What is a "PFK key"? You mean a memorized keyboard sequence that gets
played back? If so, what program or utility do you use for that? I've
been looking for a good one.

Daly