[X4U] Windows closing in Leopard

John Kiss john.kiss at comcast.net
Mon Jul 21 16:55:44 PDT 2008

On Jul 21, 2008, at 6:56 PM, Christopher Collins wrote:

> How can it keep the finder window for your CF card open, if the CF
> card is no longer there?
I meant that I like to keep a finder window open at all times
regardless if the CF is there or not there. If I had a finder window
open and then insert a CF card, the CF card shows up in the left pane
of the window. When I eject the CF card, the finder window closes even
though it was open before I inserted the CF card.

> Where would you expect it to change to? No matter where Apple chose,
> someone wouldn't be happy.
Why not leave the window open if it was already open and only close it
if it was opened due to me inserting the CF card.

> So they do what they believe is the right thing. You eject the item,
> then you no longer need the window.
True, but only if the window was opened specifically for the CF card,
then and only then, do I not need the window.

> If you do, then change it to another device first.
The second I click on the eject icon for the CF card, the window
closes. I'm not sure what you mean by "then change it to another
device first".