[X4U] End of the line for PPC support from Apple

Linda xpressobean at mac.com
Mon Jun 16 06:09:49 PDT 2008

On 6/16/08 6:40 AM, Tim Collier wrote:

> those who are still opting to hold on to their analog TV's and avoid an HDTV
> (you're in for an unpleasant surprise next February)

There's a common mistake made, right there in that sentence: The switch next
February is to Digital TV (DTV), not High Definition TV (HDTV). I hear
people do this all the time -- and if they believe they're suddenly getting
HDTV next February 19, rather than DTV, they're in for a sad surprise. :-)

> If you are a hermit or work out of your house or are
> agoraphobic, technophobic (well then you wouldn't be using a computer), I
> guess I can understand;

I do work from home. Thank you for understanding -- though why anyone feels
they are in the position to judge *my* choices is beyond me. :-)