[X4U] The ARDAgent security hole: What you need to know

Richard H Stoddard richardstoddard at mac.com
Mon Jun 30 17:35:15 PDT 2008

On Mon, 30 Jun 2008 17:24:38 -0700, ..lj wrote:

> I've NOT been using Avast! for the last 5 years and had zero problems
> with any virus or Mal-ware.  Has Avast! found any real issues? Has it
> had any false alerts that you had to deal with?

It's flagged maybe half a dozen infected emails, all of which were
Windows executables, so could cause no problem on my Mac. I guess I
take the opposite approach - if there is something potentially out
there, I would rather be safe than sorry. As Apple gains market share,
there are going to be Mac-targeted viruses, likely sooner than later.