[X4U] Back to My Mac

Jens Selvig lstnmt at bresnan.net
Fri Mar 14 14:01:56 PDT 2008

I was out of my office this morning and decided to check out how well
Back To My Mac actually works.

My observations are pretty positive. I was able to mount my office
computers drives and when I clicked on Screen sharing I was able to
control either of my office systems. I have done this at the office
both wirelessly and via cable with good results. The remote location
was way slower, of course. Probably slow enough that it would not be
feasible to do productive work via the connection.

The one problem was I could not find anyway to access my office
printers from my laptop. I am not sure if it is possible to remotely
print or if I need to do something extra to make the printers
available. Any ideas?

Jens

Jens Selvig
...Lost in Montana...