[X4U] Storage on mirrored external drive

Neil Laubenthal neil at laubenthal.net
Sun Mar 30 06:52:24 PDT 2008

Putting a folder at the root of the external and adding additional
data there won't have any effect on the bootability of the the
external drive. Depending on how you're doing the mirroring
though . . . you'll need to make sure that your software (SuperDuper,
PSyncX, Disk Utility, CarbonCopyCloner, whatever) is set to not delete
files from the destination . . . otherwise since the extra folder at
the root of the external isn't on the internal it will get deleted.