[X4U] Finder Question

Linda xpressobean at mac.com
Mon Nov 17 14:40:29 PST 2008

On 11/17/08 3:40 PM, Ed Gould wrote:

> When I use the finder it lists the
> files that I am looking for perfectly fine

Are you opening windows in the Finder? Or are you using Command F to Find
files in the Finder? Or are you using Spotlight up in the top right corner
of your screen to find the files?

> BUT it (most of the time)
> does not tell me where the file is specifically.

If you're locating those files in the Finder, use the Column View and scroll
so you can see the folder hierarchy to the left of the files.

If you're using Command F to locate those files, after you click on one of
the files, the path to that file should be in the bar across the bottom of
the window.

If you're using Spotlight from the "Q" magnifying glass icon in the upper
right, when you click on one of the files there's an "i" in a circle to the
right hand side of the "block" -- click that "i" for more information,
including the file's path.

> This is a simple (IMO) request.

With an equally simply (IMO) answer, depending on how you're locating those
files you're looking for.

Even simpler: Next time you drop something into a folder and you wish you
hadn't, hit Command Z to Undo the move. The files will pop right back. It's
important to do that *before doing anything else*, because only your last
action is Undo-able in the Finder.

~Linda