[X4U] Finder Question

Ed Gould edgould1948 at comcast.net
Mon Nov 17 21:13:48 PST 2008

On Nov 17, 2008, at 4:40 PM, Linda wrote:

> On 11/17/08 3:40 PM, Ed Gould wrote:
>
>> When I use the finder it lists the
>> files that I am looking for perfectly fine
>
> Are you opening windows in the Finder? Or are you using Command F
> to Find
> files in the Finder? Or are you using Spotlight up in the top right
> corner
> of your screen to find the files?

I am using the finder "button" at the to right of the screen.

>> BUT it (most of the time)
>> does not tell me where the file is specifically.
>
> If you're locating those files in the Finder, use the Column View
> and scroll
> so you can see the folder hierarchy to the left of the files.

What column view option?all I see is spotlight preferences . This is
most frustrating as it has rarely been for an issue but this time 30
files scattered all over the place is bad news. I think I have fond
the items manually opening up 100 folders but as I said manually
doing this is a PITA.

Ed