[X4U] Why does Mail show .wmv files

Charles Schneider schneidr at umich.edu
Wed Nov 26 11:58:35 PST 2008

What part of this do you not understand!!!!!!!!!

The mov file will play right in mail when I click the play arrow.  I
know that it is actually using QT to play the movie right in the mail
viewing window.  In the past wmv files also played the same way, NOW
only the audio portion of the wmv file plays.

  I KNOW......

I can right click on the file......blah blah blah

I can open the attachment with many other programs ........ blah blah
blah

THIS IS NOT WANT I AM ASKING

You seem to claim it is a security problem, is this a guess or what?

I am not asking for the file to automatically start playing when i
open the email, I would just like to click on the play button and
actually WATCH the WMV clip, just like it used to do.

Charlie