[X4U] Mac Mini Question

alexandre list at kapellos.com
Fri Apr 24 08:03:13 PDT 2009

hi rod

i bough the base mac mini two weeks ago and did the upgrade myself
(RAM & HD). the hardest part is opening the case with a spudger ( i
used a blunt knife). the rest is pretty straight forward.

since the thing was open and the price of ram and drives being what
they are (cheap!) i went for 4Gb and 500Gb / 5400rpm…

i started a thread on this list around 3 weeks ago about DIY upgrades
and applecare: if peace of mind is what you want, the apple is the way
to go IMHO. or get an apple reseller to do it.

but honestly, even the base model is a great little machine!

regards, alexandre