[X4U] Apple sued over defective iMac displays

zapcat zapcat at speakeasy.net
Mon Jan 5 13:53:20 PST 2009

http://www.appleinsider.com/articles/09/01/05/
apple_sued_over_defective_imac_displays.html

this story, in combination with the earlier one some months ago that
the displays of the lower 2 Aluminum iMac models didn't display the
color depth as advertised makes me feel real urpy and queasy about
buying a new iMac, no matter HOW fast they're predicted to be.

with so many stories concerning the quality of the iMac platform, I
feel somewhat forced to choose between the extreme low end (Mini) and
extreme high end (Mac Pro). Not that these machines have any special
immunity to flaws, but when you buy an all-in-1, monitor quality and
health matter GREATLY, and it sounds to me like Apple is taking a
"tough luck" stance with iMac customers.

IMO, that's a deal-breaker.

zc