[X4U] OSX and sharewhere programs

Ed Gould edgould1948 at comcast.net
Thu May 7 21:23:15 PDT 2009

I am sure this not is new issue but I stumbled on it today and was
curious how others are addressing the issue.

I have purchased a sharewear program so when I tried  to use is on
another logon it prompted me for a serial number.

This to me is a bit of a folly as I though sharewhere was licensed to
a cpu. While I cannot follow there legal rules I think common sense
is that if it prompts each user  for a serial number it seems (to me
anyway) that you do not want to give the user this type of
information. So how do individuals and companies handle this situation?

Ed