[X4U] 10.5 instead of 10.6

zapcat zapcat at speakeasy.net
Wed Feb 10 14:32:35 PST 2010

On Feb 10, 2010, at 2:30 PM, Chris Jones wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Application developers have had more than enough time to adapt to
> the slight differences between L and SL. Bear in mind they had
> access (or should have, if they really cared) to Developer versions
> of SL long before the mainstream release. Any application that
> *still* doesn't work properly with SL obviously doesn't really care
> so is effectively dead ...
>
> cheers Chris

Meaning...that...only important, worthy applications will run in Snow
Leopard. All others aren't even worth having.

That's going to clinch a lot of users out there. More than one person
in this group (including me) has expressed a preference for certain
"old" software titles, to the extent of maintaining "obsolete"
computers capable of running them.

I do see your point.

there's Software evolution theory, then there's everyday user reality.

somewhere in there is overlap and harmony.

cheers.

zc