[X4U] macbook pro setup with 2 hard drives

Don Koller dkoller at mindspring.com
Thu Oct 6 12:50:31 PDT 2011

Hi, Alexandre, et al,

I updated my MBP with a 120GB SSD a few months ago.
Then, I installed Lion on the SSD, and left Snow Leopard on the hard drive,
which is a 750 GB HD upgrade.
As new releases of applications come out, I install to the SSD. I added a
link to the HD Applications in my SSD Applications folder. I have Spotlight
index both drives.
My main problem was that I use Outlook as my email program. I have a big
email file on the HD. So, I placed SymLinks to the HD in the appropriate
places on the SSD. All my MS Office programs still run without a problem
from the HD.
Everything is running well, except that Adobe Photoshop does not run from
the HD. I plan to re-install it onto the SSD.
That would be Adobe=D-, and Microsoft=B+.

I now have an external DVD drive that I use about twice a month. The SSD is
much more useful.

Don