[X4U] Eudora 6.2 problems on 10.6.8

stephen e. schwartz ses at bnl.gov
Tue Apr 3 07:44:58 PDT 2012

Hello gang, help please. I am stumped.

For reasons unknown my trusty Eudora is behaving strangely.

The most vexing problem is that when I double click on a http url,
nothing happens. Well actually sometimes I get a wristwatch,
sometimes a black and white non-spinning beachball. but other than
that nothing.

option click to no avail. command click to no avail.

I have tried the usual solutions: Deleting the .plist files doesnt
solve the problem. Neither does removing the settings. Neither does a
re-install from the dmg.

Other strange behavior: Used to be that command-m checks mail. all of
a sudden that minimizes the window. I discovered that command-shift-m
checks the mail.

I am open to any suggestions.

thanks

-steve