[X4U] Mavericks slowed my MBPro

Christopher Jones jonesc at hep.phy.cam.ac.uk
Tue Dec 10 00:21:42 PST 2013

Hi,

>> performed great under Mt. Lion; seeing spotty slow ness under mavericks..reading some scary things on line others with as fast or faster computers also slowed by 10.9
>>
>> are with stuck with this or is there an actual fix?
>>

> Your Mac will be slower initially as Spotlight rebuilds its database.

Exactly. Don’t base the speed of a new OSX on your system immediately after a major OS upgrade, as it will have various housekeeping tasks to perform, that might well make it sluggish for a while. Give it a little time to settle down. FWIW, my late 2008 MBPro is distinctly a bit quicker under 10.9, than it was under 10.8…

Chris