[X4U] Suddenly, All Kinds of Websites Are Playing Sound

Jim Scott jescott3 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 4 15:58:48 PST 2014

I have a late-2012 27" iMac running OS X 10.9.2 and using the latest version of Safari. I don't recall making any changes, but all of a sudden all kinds of web sites have started playing loud and intrusive sound. Sometimes it's ads, sometimes it's the web site's content. I've tried all sorts of fixes in Safari, including disabling -- or trying -- Flash Player, but nothing helps except hitting the Mute key on my keyboard. What's up, folks?

Jim Scott
Eureka, CA