[P1] old/new Airport

e.mkeene e.mkeene at wap.org
Wed Aug 13 21:50:47 PDT 2003

> They do both work, but should I download any new software, or make any
> changes to do better?  Or should I just sit still?

When new airport software is available, read the README to see what it
is supposed to do. There have been a couple of updates that add
function to all the ABS. Other versions have been specific to the
Xtremes, ie, the firmware upgrade that finalized the current G & B
copatibility issues was directed to the G's only. Most of the time, if
you try to install and it isn't designed for your hardware, the
installer will tell you that and refuse to play with you. The ReadMe is
the best source for the most part. If you have AppleCare, you can
always call them and ask also.