[P1] How to connect an iBook to an eMac via Firewire?

maizychicken at earthlink.net maizychicken at earthlink.net
Tue Feb 4 05:48:23 PST 2003

-------Original Message-------
From: "Karsten WEB.DE" <karsten.kuehn at web.de>
Sent: 02/04/03 11:15 AM
To: iBook List <ibook at lists.themacintoshguy.com>
Subject: [P1] How to connect an iBook  to an eMac via Firewire?

> Hello,

recently Apple released a beta version of a software called "IP over
FireWire"
This software will one day allow Macusers to establish a Network using
FireWire instead of Ethernet. All this sounds very interesting to me but
it
is not what I was looking for.

I would like to connect my ibook to the eMac using "FireWire Disc mode"
I remember having once used "SCSI Disc mode" to connect a Powerbook 100 to
SE/30 and someone has told me that
FireWire Disc mode is quite similar.

Can anybody give me an advice on how to do it?

Thank you very much!

Karsten

Hiya Karsten,

Check out this article from Apple's knowledge base and see if it helps...

Maizy